cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Blade switch 3120G-S and LMS 2.6

phaddad
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to get device support for our new blade switches in Cisco LMS. I've installed the package CBS31x0(2.0), and it seems that CiscoView can correctly deal with the switches. However when I attempt to test the credentials, I get something like " device not supported" for all access methods. I'm sure my credentials are set up properly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Peter

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to load the RME device package as well. Go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update, and check the Common Services and Resource Manager Essentials boxes. Click the Check for Updates button. Download and install all available updates.

That said, this device may not be supported yet in RME 4.0.6. What is the sysObjectID of this switch?

I loaded all the available RME, CWCS device packages. No apparent difference in behavior.

The link below would indicate that this switch isn't supported in RME4.0.6.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_resource_manager_essentials/4.0.5/device_support/table/RME405.html#wp286895

The sysObjectID is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.948

thanks,

Peter

Correct. Support for this switch is scheduled for October of this year as part of the Incremental Device Update 21.0.

Thanks,

Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco