cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco catalyst switch 3750

noel88
Level 1
Level 1

Please I need any help or advice I can get. My switch was working fine all of a sudden the computers connected to the switch stop receiving connections. Upon checking the switch, I discovered all the lights on the switchports are off. So I disconnected all the cables and unmounted it from the stack so I could have a closer look, to further discovered the system light keeps blinking green for a very long period of time(about 4-5 minutes) after which all the LED light (SYS,RPS,MASTR,STAT,DUPLEX,SPEED,STACK) stay green for about 4 seconds and after only the SYS,MASTR,STAT LED lights remains steady green. Occasionally all the 48 ports stay steady green for about 2 seconds after which it turn to steady orange for about 2 seconds and dissappear. I have tried a factory reset but it doesn't seem to work, I can't connect to the switch remotely, no vty lines or management ip have been configured. When I connect to the switch via a console cable no output is being displayed on putty, the screen is just dark. Any help will be greatly appreciated Thank you

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the switch does not have any console output - most likely hardware faulty.

for sure its not complete hardware fault, turn off the device and connect console with default baud rate and turn on do you see anything at all on the terminal ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I have turn it off and on several times and nothing changes, no output display on putty. This switch has been working for over 5 years, I think you are right when you say it is most likely a hardware fault