cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Configuration Professional and Windows 10

Gregory Karidis
Level 1
Level 1
Is there any way to run CCP on Windows 10?
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I found a more easy solution, and also very simple. First i found Internet Explorer inside windows 10 [just search ''internet''] then install java, and that 's all....

View solution in original post

First make sure that your Internet Explorer recognizes Java. Launch IE 11 (Windows key + iexplore.exe) and then browse to http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

Fix that if it isn't installed properly.

You should have the 32-bit version installed with IE 11 in Windows 10 (even if you have a 64-bit OS).

Then download "cisco-config-pro-k9-pkg-2_8-en.zip" from

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=281795035&softwareid=282159854

Make sure it is that file (full PC version) and not one of the CCP Express versions.

Extract the zip file and run the executable as a user with Admin rights.

The first time you run it, you should be prompted by Java (and possibly Windows Firewall) to accept the software. Choose yes in all cases and CCP should launch fine.

I just installed on a recently purchased Windows 10 PC and it woked fine.

If the above does not work, please share your error message encountered and/or screen shot of the problem.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

macburtt011
Level 1
Level 1

It appears that the new Edge browser is not recognized or supported by CCP. CCP has always had an achellies heel being tied so closely to Explorer. If you have an Intel CPU likely it supports DEP and and virtualization; then adding a virtual Win 7 environment (Hyper-V) and running CCP there could work. The long game for Cisco should be to develop a platform (browser) independant CCP; however looking back at their management software develpoment track it is not likely to be either stable or broadly support their devices.

I found a more easy solution, and also very simple. First i found Internet Explorer inside windows 10 [just search ''internet''] then install java, and that 's all....

Nice workaround. Thanks for sharing it.

Can you please explain how did you do it?

First make sure that your Internet Explorer recognizes Java. Launch IE 11 (Windows key + iexplore.exe) and then browse to http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

Fix that if it isn't installed properly.

You should have the 32-bit version installed with IE 11 in Windows 10 (even if you have a 64-bit OS).

Then download "cisco-config-pro-k9-pkg-2_8-en.zip" from

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=281795035&softwareid=282159854

Make sure it is that file (full PC version) and not one of the CCP Express versions.

Extract the zip file and run the executable as a user with Admin rights.

The first time you run it, you should be prompted by Java (and possibly Windows Firewall) to accept the software. Choose yes in all cases and CCP should launch fine.

I just installed on a recently purchased Windows 10 PC and it woked fine.

If the above does not work, please share your error message encountered and/or screen shot of the problem.

Thanks, it was not enabled within the plugins.

I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but I'm still having issues getting CCP to work. My environment:

• Windows 10 Pro x64
  • Internet Explorer 11
  • Java 6u21 x86
  • Cisco Configuration Professional 2.8

I have confirmed that Java (32-bit) plugin is enabled within Internet Explorer. I have disabled the Next-Generation Plugin option within Advanced for Java. 

When I start up CCP in Administrative mode, I get an Internet Explorer prompt that Java is blocked due to it being an older version. If I try to click Run this Time on the prompt, it get an IE prompt saying I am trying to leave the page and to stay or leave page (screenshot attached).

It appears that Java is still not running correctly within IE 11 for me. Once I am logged into the router, and click on any of the configuration settings, I get an error (screenshot attached).

This is the first time I've had to run CCP outside of a lab environment, and I'm honestly quite disappointed that it still is not supported by Windows 10, IE11, and if it relies on Java it should support a version that was released later than 4 years ago!

Anyone who has this working, can you please confirm the setup that you have, and perhaps give me some tips as to what I'm missing here?

Are there any other GUI-based configuration options for managing the Cisco ISR routers? I don't like relying on CLI only for these things if I don't have to.

UPDATE: I got it working by adding the following:

JRE settings for Cisco CP

The following JRE settings are needed for Cisco CP to function properly:

1. Go to Start > Control Panel > Java.
  2. Click View under Java Applet Runtime Settings.
  3. Select your JRE in use.
  4. Set the "Java runtime parameters" with the value "-Xmx256m -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false".

And also clicking on the "Leave Page" prompt when it prompts for allowing Java to run.

It worked for me installing CCP 2.8 in Window 10 running as a Administrator.  I was running as a user with Administrator privilege, but it did not work in that way. What I did, It was right click and run the CCP 2.8 zip file as RUN AS A ADMINISTRATOR and that was the fix for me.

Thank you for the help.

Thanks

Helped me. Worked 

Ernest

Thanks

Janash_Jsha2403
Level 1
Level 1

i installed CCP.

but still is loading not open the window.

Desktop icon also created. when click that, its says "cisco configuration professional is already running. only one instance of the application can run at a time"

HOW TO SOLVE THIS?

infrateam
Level 4
Level 4

Would be nice if Cisco make this work. Java is the blocker at the moment.