cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Configuration Professional, How much longer?

iamgsec4959
Level 1
Level 1

First, I like CCP, it's extremely handy and I enjoy using it, when it works, but how much longer is Cisco going to pretend that they don't have to write their own software to replace this aging relic?  Theyve been riding on Microsofts garbage for far too long now.  I know Managers at Cisco that are getting 500k in straight compensation, could we not find the funds to actually write a package that is stand alone and doesn't rely on software that M$ is phasing out?  OR minimally allow it to work on other browsers like Chrome or Mozilla?  Right now, this is the situation that we're in, you cannot use this software on anything higher than Windows 7 with IE9, at least that I've been able to figure out and with M$ moving toward eliminating Flash plugins for their browser with the new HTML 5 standards...what's left?

HIGHLY frustrating AND time consuming...

2 Replies 2

John Hart
Level 1
Level 1

I have been getting frustrated by this complete peace of garbage software for years, they update it regularly to make certain it won't work properly, if at all.

As a result of this we have removed all cisco routers from our environment, now calm has returned to the office.

This discussion has been reposted from Cisco Cafe to the Network Management community.