Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco ip phone not getting dhcp address

HI , I ask about this problem i have ip phones from cisco , Cucm ,Dhcp Server and Switch (Enable Poe in the Switch ) the problem is when i connect any Device Such as Computers in the Network The computer getting the ip address From Dhcp Server but When i Connect the ip Phone the phone is Working  but it Can't getting ip from dhcp Server. i erase all configuration in the phone but it cant getting ip from dhcp ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the configuration of the interface?  Is there a voice VLAN enabled? 

If you're saying ALL your Cisco IP phones can't get an IP address, the question is:  Is the VLAN (and allowed VLANs) configured correctly?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the configuration of the interface?  Is there a voice VLAN enabled? 

If you're saying ALL your Cisco IP phones can't get an IP address, the question is:  Is the VLAN (and allowed VLANs) configured correctly?

all ip phones can't get  ip address , i dont have any idea about configuration of switch because i am not configured it   ,  i think( Nothing to do with vlan) because when i connected any Computer or any thing the computer is getting the ip address.Leo Laohoo

Most Cisco wired IP phones (all the ones I have ever seen) have a port for the PC and one for the network. So the network switch sees two devices.

Cisco switches recognize the IP phone (via CDP) so they assign it to the voice VLAN. The PC gets assigned to the data (access) VLAN. The switch ports need a special setup for that on each interface. Something like:

switchport access vlan 10

switchport voice vlan 11

If that's missing, or if the DHCP scope serving the voice VLAN isn't setup with the necessary options for IP phones (most importantly the tftp server where the phone get's it's configuration from = CUCM or UC server - in addition to the basic IP address, netmask and gateway), then it won't work.

i Solved it , i reset the switch to default configuration .!