cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS 4.1 to 4.2.5 upgrade-License needed?

Ajay Dmello
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Experts,

I have gone through the http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4-2-5/release/notes/lms4_2_5_release_notes.html to  analyze a prospective upgrade from LMS 4.1 to 4.2.5 (EoS considerations).  I understand the path for both remote and direct upgrades are open as well as the fact that the stepwise installation to 4.2 and then further, to 4.2.5 is needed for a direct upgrade.

I was just wondering if I could get a confirmation whether a license for the same was required or not to perform a 4.1 to 4.2 upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

Ajay D'mello

Yours sincerely, Ajay D'mello
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your LMS 4.1 license will convey forward and continue to be valid on LMS 4.2(x).

The only case where you would need a license re-issue would be if you were moving the installation to a new host as the license is linked to the Universal Device Identifier (UDI or VUDI in case of a VM) which is specific to your current server.

You do need a current support contract for LMS associated with your cisco.com userid to be entitled to download the new release.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your LMS 4.1 license will convey forward and continue to be valid on LMS 4.2(x).

The only case where you would need a license re-issue would be if you were moving the installation to a new host as the license is linked to the Universal Device Identifier (UDI or VUDI in case of a VM) which is specific to your current server.

You do need a current support contract for LMS associated with your cisco.com userid to be entitled to download the new release.

Dear Marvin,

Thank you for your prompt and detailed reply.

Thanks in advance.

Ajay D'mello

Yours sincerely, Ajay D'mello