Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS 4.2.5 Reporting configuration

dipesh shah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need configure reporting on Cisco LMS 4.2.5. i search lot in LMS GUI and i could found the setting, even i check the user guide but i didn't found any steps to configure these setting.

1 - I need LMS to sends mails every month to admin team regarding health status of devices and other things like : CPU Utilization, backup status.

2 - LMS should send critical events notifications to admin team immediately , like : Device reboot, Power supply failure, link flap, backup job fail.

I have the proper licence installed and switches are integrated with LMS.

Please suggest me quick way to configure it OR send any configuration link.

your help would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Dipesh Shah

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dipesh,

You can use the Performance reports of LMS. Device and Interface Reports are system generated reports that run periodically and are stored in the server. These reports display information only on the data processed during the last 24-hours.

For more details on CPU Utilization, please check the document here.

you can configure Fault Management portion of LMS from :

Admin > Network: Notification and Action Settings > Fault - Email Notification

To configure it to send the email alerts.

LMS sends notifications based on user-defined subscriptions. You can create up to 32 notification subscriptions. A subscription for SNMP trap notification or e-mail notification includes the following common elements, as determined by the CISCO-EPM-NOTIFICATION-MIB:

•Devices—The devices or device groups of importance to the recipients.

•Event severity and status—One or more event severity levels and status. You can also customize the names of the events used by Notification Services, and Fault History. See Customizing LMS Events.

•Recipients—One or more hosts to receive SNMP traps or users to receive e-mail. For Syslog notifications, the recipient would be the remote host containing a Syslog daemon configured to listen for Syslog messages.

•Name—A user-defined name to identify the subscription.

Subscriptions are based on user-configured event sets and notification groups. See Configuring Event Sets and Notification Groups for Subscriptions for more information.

Events

LMS sends notifications whenever an event occurs that matches a subscription. For each event, LMS compares the device, severity, and state against subscriptions and sends a notification when there is a match. Matches can be determined by user-configured event sets and notification groups.

The procedure for configuring notification groups is described in Configuring Event Sets and Notification Groups for Subscriptions.

LMS assigns one severity to each event and changes the state of an event over time, responding to user input and changes on the device.

Before you can create an e-mail notification subscription, you must create a notification group. Creating event sets is optional. For more details check the document here.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dipesh,

You can use the Performance reports of LMS. Device and Interface Reports are system generated reports that run periodically and are stored in the server. These reports display information only on the data processed during the last 24-hours.

For more details on CPU Utilization, please check the document here.

you can configure Fault Management portion of LMS from :

Admin > Network: Notification and Action Settings > Fault - Email Notification

To configure it to send the email alerts.

LMS sends notifications based on user-defined subscriptions. You can create up to 32 notification subscriptions. A subscription for SNMP trap notification or e-mail notification includes the following common elements, as determined by the CISCO-EPM-NOTIFICATION-MIB:

•Devices—The devices or device groups of importance to the recipients.

•Event severity and status—One or more event severity levels and status. You can also customize the names of the events used by Notification Services, and Fault History. See Customizing LMS Events.

•Recipients—One or more hosts to receive SNMP traps or users to receive e-mail. For Syslog notifications, the recipient would be the remote host containing a Syslog daemon configured to listen for Syslog messages.

•Name—A user-defined name to identify the subscription.

Subscriptions are based on user-configured event sets and notification groups. See Configuring Event Sets and Notification Groups for Subscriptions for more information.

Events

LMS sends notifications whenever an event occurs that matches a subscription. For each event, LMS compares the device, severity, and state against subscriptions and sends a notification when there is a match. Matches can be determined by user-configured event sets and notification groups.

The procedure for configuring notification groups is described in Configuring Event Sets and Notification Groups for Subscriptions.

LMS assigns one severity to each event and changes the state of an event over time, responding to user input and changes on the device.

Before you can create an e-mail notification subscription, you must create a notification group. Creating event sets is optional. For more details check the document here.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

dipesh shah
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much Vinod.

this help me a lot.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card