cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS 4.2 topolgy and IOS upgrades issues

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

1- The topogly is not working , he asked me to install java .After i installed , there is no thing appears. Other issue , please help to get the way to get the IOS updates for the devices  which is discovered using cisco LMS.

please i need help ASAP

7 Replies 7

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have only the recommended Java version installed? LMS Topology does not work well if you have Java 7 installed in addition to the recommended version.

Downloading IOS updates requires a service contract entitlement for the affected devices. You would need to download those to your server via the cisco.com support page and then deploy from that repository.

Dear

can you tell me the recommended java version which will be used ?.Yes i have a service contract and i have already attached it t my profile  , but after i select Cisco.com for image (what shall i do?.) iselected the all devices which i have and then i found three colums (in tis step what shall i do , to get all IOS fro my existing devices by one click).What i need to do to het the updated IOS fro all devices in the sam e time , not device by device.

Please help me , many thank for your reply.

Thank you

install Java Plug-in version 1.6.0_24.

Jawad

One good trick to get the recommended version is to first uninstall Java altogether. Then when you launch Topology then you should be redirected to a LMS server-hosted link for the preferred Java version 1.6.0_24.

I've found it's safe to be a bit higher than that as long as you stay on the 1.6 Java release but the one provided with LMS has the best compatibility.

Upgrading IOS is not something where one should just grab every device's latest IOS and deploy it. You should be researching it a bit and evaluating your requirements and readiness to take on the new features and other aspects that a new IOS introduces.

Based on that, you would then choose the appropriate images from cisco.com - you have to do it for each device type, building up a "shopping list" of what you want to download into your repository for a later deployment to the devices themselves.

Thank you for your help , but i did all you mentioned. I also in cetificate setuo change the serve name to IP addess because i do not have DNS server . After i installed the java , there is no changes .Please advise , i did all things which i have to do .

What is your server platform? If you're running on Windows, try to lauch Topology from the server itself (from console or an RDP session) to make sure it works there.

If you're on the soft (or hardware) appliance you'll have to troubleshoot it remotely.

I'm a bit thrown off by your mention of changing the certificate. If you do that, you need to be sure to carefully use the sslutil.pl perl script that is designed for updating the certificate properly so that it works with the bits of LMS that depend on it beig properly registered with the application.

Thank you for help , i have already solved the problem. I just only run the java program as administrator and the services are working very well.