Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS 4: Compliance template

alex.dersch
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

i'am having some issues with Compliance Templates. I'd like to check if there is a username privilege 15 password cisco123 in the config.

My problem is that in the config is the password scrambled. So i would like to to check if there is a username privilege 15 password <any value> in my config.

Any suggestions?

thanks

alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The encrypted value may be different, but my point is that if you test for compliance using one pattern, then deploy that same pattern, you will be sure that the user's password will be what you want.  You don't want to test with just some arbitrary value as you will not know if the user's password is the correct value.  The same is true for other credentials on the device.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What I do is take the encrypted password, and use that for my baseline.  If the password is the same on the device, then the encrypted value should be the same.  Therefore, do something like:

+ username USER privilege 15 password ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD

Thanks for your feedback, i thought doing so already. But it seems there the hash is different on each machine.

1. Switch

username cwuser privilege 15 password 7 106C1C4A55434A3819

2. Switch

username cwuser privilege 15 password 7 112B0C564746533F11

Similar problems i have with snmp write communities, tacacs+ and radius keys. They all are  ***** in the LMS.

regards

Alex

The encrypted value may be different, but my point is that if you test for compliance using one pattern, then deploy that same pattern, you will be sure that the user's password will be what you want.  You don't want to test with just some arbitrary value as you will not know if the user's password is the correct value.  The same is true for other credentials on the device.

Thanks a lot. You helped me a lot.