Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO lms

manoj.kumar0074
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

I just install LMS 3.2 trial version and its working fine.

I had done every thing and now I just want if there any IP Conflict in my network(if any user configure same IP as other configure) immediatly I will get an

EMAIL notification.

Can any one explain me the step to configure this?

3 Replies 3

Robert Pavone
Level 1
Level 1

Manoj,

If your devices are sending syslog to Ciscoworks, then you can run a

duplicate IP address report from Resource Manager Essentials (RME).  See attached screen shot.

Rob

Hi Robert,

Can you explain me in detail about how to configure the cisco works to send syslog and let me know about the Email Notification.

Manoj,

Ciscoworks by default is set up to ACCEPT syslog messages from devices (there is a syslog process runnign on the Ciscoworks server listenign to udp port 514 already).  You need to make sure your devices on the network are set up to SEND log messages to the Ciscoworks server (Ex.  command line "logging ".

The email notification is setup in the report (see the attached screen shot).  Again, this will be a SCHEDULED report not triggered based on duplicate IP addresses being reported real-time.

If you have a concern over duplicate IP addresses being so prevalenet in your network, you need to take a look the bigger issue of your IP address management process and release management process.

Rob

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card