Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS4.0 Backup

dominoforever
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Since last week I have errors when I schedule the backup of CiscoWorks.

See the errors below :

[Sun Jul 29 00:01:54 2012] Backing up database upm:SQL Anywhere Command File Hiding Utility Version 10.0.1.4051

SQL Anywhere Backup Utility Version 10.0.1.4051

(258196 of 258136 pages, 100% complete)

Database backup completed

[Sun Jul 29 00:04:25 2012] INFO: Found the selective validation file: C:\Cisco\CSCOpx/databases/upm/orig/selective_validate.txt

[Sun Jul 29 00:04:25 2012] INFO: Selective validate using: DbVersion,DbVersionHistory,UPMDevice,UPM_Jobs,UPM_JOBS_Frequency,ConditionTable,FallbackVarmapping,JobPurge_Policy_Details,Reference_Description_Table,Variable_Table,UPMProperties,Purge_Policy_Details,Loaded_Mib_Details,Template_Definition,Template_Details_Table,Template_Object,Trap_Group_Master,Trap_Group_Details,Syslog_Group_Master,Syslog_Group_Details,Poll_Units_Table,Poller_Definition_Table,Poller_Details_Table,Poller_Delete_Details,Threshold_Definition_Table,Threshold_Details_Table,TrendwatchMaster,TrendwatchDetailsTable,Group_Master_Table,Poller_Group_Details,Poller_Template_Details,Threshold_Group_Details,Trendwatch_Group_Details,Default_Monitor_Values

SQL Anywhere Command File Hiding Utility Version 10.0.1.4051

SQL Anywhere Validation Utility Version 10.0.1.4051

SQL error (-86) -- Not enough memory to start

[Sun Jul 29 00:04:28 2012] Validation C:/Backups\0\upm\database\upm.db failed.

SQL Anywhere Backup Utility Version 10.0.1.4051

(258151 of 258147 pages, 100% complete)

Database backup completed

[Sun Jul 29 00:08:02 2012] INFO: Found the selective validation file: C:\Cisco\CSCOpx/databases/upm/orig/selective_validate.txt

[Sun Jul 29 00:08:02 2012] INFO: Selective validate using: DbVersion,DbVersionHistory,UPMDevice,UPM_Jobs,UPM_JOBS_Frequency,ConditionTable,FallbackVarmapping,JobPurge_Policy_Details,Reference_Description_Table,Variable_Table,UPMProperties,Purge_Policy_Details,Loaded_Mib_Details,Template_Definition,Template_Details_Table,Template_Object,Trap_Group_Master,Trap_Group_Details,Syslog_Group_Master,Syslog_Group_Details,Poll_Units_Table,Poller_Definition_Table,Poller_Details_Table,Poller_Delete_Details,Threshold_Definition_Table,Threshold_Details_Table,TrendwatchMaster,TrendwatchDetailsTable,Group_Master_Table,Poller_Group_Details,Poller_Template_Details,Threshold_Group_Details,Trendwatch_Group_Details,Default_Monitor_Values

SQL Anywhere Validation Utility Version 10.0.1.4051

[Sun Jul 29 00:08:04 2012] Validation C:/Backups\0\upm\database\upm.db failed.

[Sun Jul 29 00:08:04 2012] Validation C:/Backups\0\upm\database\upm.db failed.

[Sun Jul 29 00:08:04 2012]  ERROR(1439): Database upm backup failed and . Check the log file for information.

[Sun Jul 29 00:08:04 2012]  Backup failed: 2012/07/29 00:08:14

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Sun Jul 29 00:08:14 2012] INFO: Notifying BackupFailureEvent.

Publishing the message : <EventDetail><DcrID>0</DcrID><DeviceName>192.9.200.104</DeviceName><EventName>BACKUP_FAILURE</EventName><Time>1343513294788</Time><Status>Active</Status><Severity>Critical</Severity><Source>System</Source><EventProperties><Property><Name>Status</Name><Value>Database upm backup failed and . Check the log file for information.</Value></Property><Property><Name>BACKUP_FAILURE</Name><Value>Backup Failure</Value></Property></EventProperties></EventDetail>

What's the problem? Could you please help me to fix this problem?

Thanks!

8 Replies 8

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If "uname -a" is available, post the output of that.

I don't have uname...

Given your now deleted message that included the log snippet "Required RAM space is 4096M and System RAM space is 4095M", I think it's this SQLAnywhere bug, which would need Cisco to issue a patch integrating the fix from Sybase:

http://www.lmpx.com/nav/article.php/forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.sqlanywhere.linux/4680/read/index.html

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It throws error as :

[Sun Jul 29 00:04:28 2012] Validation C:/Backups\0\upm\database\upm.db failed.

Please check if you have enough memory. Please try to increase the swap space and restart daemon manager.

Also, try to do a transactional log recovery for upm.db once daemon are stopped, before starting, as upmdb is what fails.

You can do it by following command :

NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\dbsrv10.exe -f NMSROOT\databases\upm\upm.db

Check LMS DB t/shoot guide for more details on transactional log recovery or for other OS than windows (above is for win):

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8796

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

I increase memory (I had 4GB and now 6 GB) but I have the same error in log file.

I do a transactional log recovery but I was not better...

I see your link but what do I have to test?

Thanks.

I always have the same error but not for every backup job. I have 6GB merory on my server and the job failed again...

The error is :

Do you have some idea to what to do next?

It is not about your server memory (RAM or SWAP), it seems the DB process has some conf file or parameter where some additoonal memory/heap memory needs to be increased.

If possible, I would recommend to open a TAC case for this DB issue to be resolved and fixed.

Is it, possible for you to reinitialize the UPM db? If, yes you can try that, which should reinitialize and make the hum module as a fresh installed software.

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

And do you know which file I have to modify?