Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco NCS - FTP Error

Barrackas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I got a couple of questions regarding Cisco NCS (Network Control System) Version 1.1.0.58.

1. I've just installed Cisco NCS appliance(Red Hat) in vmware vsphere and l need to backup and transfer a Backup Repository to a Windows FTP Server. I can reach the FTP Share with Filezilla and other FTP clients on my local computer, but when I create a manual backup it fails on file transfer. I can ping the FTP Server from the Cisco ncs ssh session. In "Administration --> Background Tasks --> NCS Server Backup" I've succesfully entered the FTP Servers credentials without any errors. Any suggestions? See the output from debug option(attached file):

2. Is it possible to mount either an Samba/CIFS/-  or NFSshare and directly backup repository on them? I feel a bit "tied behind my back" when there's no possibility to reach Red Hat OS shell, without a Root Patch (wich seems impossible to get hands of  )

1 Reply 1

Hi,

So you made a repository for backup purpose on NCS?

When you do a sh repository "name of the repository" you must see a directory listing of the FTP directory. If not than there is something wrong with the repository