Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco NCS Prime upgrade error : "% Manifest file not found in the bundle"

vvvnnnzzz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

I am currently trying to upgrade my NCS software from 1.0.1.4 to 1.1.1.24 using the upgrade bundle .

Running the upgrade procedure i receive the following error message :

|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

CPNCSSRV/admin# application upgrade NCS-upgrade-bundle-1.1.1.24.tar.gz ncs-ftp-repo

Save the current ADE-OS running configuration? (yes/no) [yes] ? yes

Generating configuration...

Saved the ADE-OS running configuration to startup successfully

Initiating Application Upgrade...

% Manifest file not found in the bundle

|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Just to make it clear :

1. the .tar file isn't corrupted

2. there are no typo's

3. the repository is fine

Any ideas would be appriciated .

Thanks ,

6 Replies 6

Hi,

In case anyone encountered the same problem, here is how you solve it:

1- Login into shell by typing "shell command" from NCS enable mode.

2- Copy the installation zip file to local disk directory:

cp /source-path/name/installation-file-name.zip /localdisk

3- Browse to localdisk directory which exists in the root directory and unzip the zip installation file:

[LMS/root-ade localdisk]# unzip installation-file-name.zip

4- Exit shell by typing "Exit"

5- At this step, if you type the "dir" command, the installation file "NCS-upgrade-bundle-1.1.1.24.tar.gz"  should appear.

6- In "conf t" mode, create a new repository

repository myrepo

url disk:/

7- application upgrade NCS-upgrade-bundle-1.1.1.24.tar.gz myrepo

Please rate if you find helpful.

Thanks.

Moath Rawashdeh

Larry Craig
Level 1
Level 1

I am confused about the "shell command" it doesn't appear to be a valid command option.

I believe it's actually "root" on NCS (which requires as a prerequisite that you set "root_enable").

It allows you to be in the underlying OS and run Linux commands vs the limited set provided by the NCS application's CLI.

Reference.

Larry Craig
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, it was root but the unzip wasn't an option. I tried gunzip as was as tar and was unable to un-compress the file.

If I recall correctly the download from Cisco.com is a zip archive (which in turn contains a tar.gz archive that the application upgrade script requires).

You don't have to unzip it on the ncs host but can instead validate your checksum and make sure it can be unzipped from your PC or Mac using something like 7-zip. If that checks out OK, then you have a good download. You can move it over in its unzipped form. Cisco only zips these files on cisco.com to get the few percent savings for downloads.

Also, make sure when you transfer it over to the ncs server (via ftp) that you set binary mode transfer.

Mark Withers
Level 1
Level 1

I found the issue for me was that I had FTPed the file to NCS/Prime via DOS FTP, which defaults to ASCII mode. After choosing binary mode (in DOS FTP, just enter the "binary" command), the file transferred and my install is proceeding!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card