cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Network Assistant, Enter Password for each device

krhashbarger
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know a way that when you open a community you have to enter your username and password for each device listed in that community? I know with it currently you enter your username and password one time for each device, but I want it to prompt mne for username and password for each device in the community. I unchecked "Encrypt and Store Device Credentials" and it still only prompts me one time for a username and password.                   

7 Replies 7

pramoram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could you please provide us the following details in order to reproduce the issue in our local setup.

1) CNA version being used
2) Is the  CCO credential used before launching community?
3) Number of devices in the  community.

Thank you

Pramod

1) CNA version being used : 5.8

2) Is the CCO credential used before launching community? No

3) Number of devices in the community. Anywhere from 1 to 8 devices. Depending on the site.

Hi,

We tried reproducing it in our local set up and we also analyzed the problem with respect to the expected behavior in CNA.

Could you please share some more details as mentioned below so as to provide you the exact solution.

1) Is the same set of user name and password used for all the devices?

2) Was the password store feature enabled while creating community and was disabled later?

Regards,

Pramod

In reply to your questions.

1.) The same set of usernames and passwords are used for all devices.

2.)  It was enabled when we created the communities and was disabled afterwards.

Hi,

It is an expected behavior in CNA, which will not prompt for username and password for the rest of the devices having the same username and password as that of the authenticated device.

Could you please set different username/password for the devices and test the same.

Please let me know if the same problem persists even after changing username/password.

Regards,

Pramod

I know it will work that way because I tried it before. The thing is we use Cisco ACS for Authentication and Authorization, so there is a certain account we use that identifies the individual for logging purposes. I was wondering if there is a way CNA can be configured to ask for the username and password for each device.

Hi,

Sure. We will discuss this issue and will confirm you if the same can be configured in CNA.

Thanks for bringing up this issue.

Regards,

Pramod

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco