cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Packet Tracer - How to change "or rename" TV?

wg21908
Level 1
Level 1

How to change device name of TV in Cisco Packet Tracer?

Currently, if I click on a TV that I added to the physical view of cisco packet tracer, I get the modal window that opens and it has Physical and Attributes tabs.  Neither tab allows me to modify the "Device Name".  How can I update the "Device Name" so that it is a intuitive name that describes my device, for instance, I don't want it to be labeled "TV0" but instead to be "Basement TV".

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

not really sure what you are after, but if you just click on the (e.g. TV0) text below the icon, you can change it to anything you want (see screenshot).

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Go here : Packter tracer discussions
                   for questions related to PT , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you for setting me straight.  I will use the appropriate section for future questions in this area.

Martin L
VIP
VIP

it does not seem to be possible; But I would also check CLN

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Hello,

not really sure what you are after, but if you just click on the (e.g. TV0) text below the icon, you can change it to anything you want (see screenshot).

Awesome, that works, I had been hitting the TV icon itself, thinking that it was like the other type of resources in PT.  I can see now that the TV resource works a little differently.  After clicking the actual text I was able to see what you were saying and was able to update it.  Thank you very much.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card