Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 2.1 and 2.2

I got Cisco 2.1 Prime runnig with around 65 devices, I want to upgrade to 2.2,Cisco said the I need to start from scratch to move into version 2.2.

I dont want to lost all my configurations from 2.1, I want to migrate from 2.1 to 2.2

My question is:

Can I have both servers running under the same VM Host? if yes

Did anybody has a  tech link?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Ashok Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

You need the 1 VM for each server.

First, to be safe-side, you can 2 backups of 2.1; in case one get corrupted & you'll have another one to use.

Secondly, just export the (DCR) device list to the a .csv file; this will help you when you won't be able to use any backup, you can go ahead import the device list into prime, & prime will then collects the new data from the start. But you'll do it easily by this instead to re-adding the devices again. 

- Ashok

******************************************************************************************************

Please rate the post or mark as correct answer as it will help others looking for similar information

******************************************************************************************************

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>need to start from scratch...<

- That is basically not true ; check 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-2/quickstart/guide/cpi_qsg.html#pgfId-113783

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks Guys, I will chek your info....

ramkris2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To answer your specific question:

Yes, you can have both the servers (2.1 and 2.2) running at the same time. Once you're satisfied that your PI 2.2 has all the data & it's updating information you can power off/decommission the 2.1 server.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card