Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 3.02 on GEN1 appliance

Vince Vanszl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to follow the instructions from Cisco to upgrade our gen 1 appliance from v2.2 to 3.0, so far the upgrade to 3.0 went flawlessly. What I am having trouble with is the step below:

"To install Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.0.2 from the local storage, follow these steps: Step 1 Download the Prime Infrastructure 3.0.2 Maintenance Release pi302-16.ubf from Home > Products > Cloud and Systems Management > Routing and Switching Management > Network Management Solutions > Prime Infrastructure > Prime Infrastructure 3.0 > Prime Infrastructure Patches-3.0.2 and save the file in your local storage."

The maintenance release pi302-16.ubf is no longer available and the documentation says that Cisco will only support PI 3.0.2 on a gen 1 appliance. Does anyone know what maintenance release or upgrade I can put on a gen 1 appliance to meet the support requirements?

I have attached the document I am using for reference.

Thanks in advance,

Vince

2 Replies 2

jossabor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vince

Indeed 3.0.2 was removed from the downloads page as 3.0.3 was released, so you can install 3.0.3 over 3.0 on the gen1 appliance. You can refer to the 3.0.3 release notes for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-0-3/release/notes/cpi_rn.html#61267

Thanks that was a big help, installed the MR and its running fine

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card