cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO Prime 3.1 Inventory Change Report

akisbouza
Level 1
Level 1

I remember in LMS 4.2 there was an inventory change report.

Do you know if there is something similar in Prime 3.1?

I had a problem when i realized that some devices that were added in the Cisco Prime 3.1 were accidentally (?) deleted and i found it out only after i needed the configuration.

I am sure the devices were previously added so i would like to know if there is way to know whenever someone/something deletes devices from Cisco Prime.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

the change audit report is probably the closet you will get to that , shows system changes and users that logged in , not sure if it will specifically show you what they deleted though but you can test that

Reports / Report Launch Pad / Compliance / Change Audit

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

the change audit report is probably the closet you will get to that , shows system changes and users that logged in , not sure if it will specifically show you what they deleted though but you can test that

Reports / Report Launch Pad / Compliance / Change Audit

Hi Mark 

I have already tried this but it is not what i need.

The problem is that I have imported all my devices from an older lms 4.2.

The disadvantage with that is that devices are not weekly discovered so that in case one device is deleted it will be rediscovered.

I was thinking to run discovery jobs but the problem is that duplicate devices are added in the prime database every time i do so and i don't know how to resolve this.

I have to filter one-by-one all the current devices in the discovery settings in order to avoid duplicates and we are talking about more than 2000 devices.

Any ideas?

Hi yes they don't rediscover themselves automatically if someone has deleted them its a manual feature as your seeing  , this would really annoy me if users were doing that in our Prime system , my idea would be to remove people that have access to prime apart from network administrators as there deleting devices you have added in and causing extra work , they shouldn't be deleting anything in PI without checking first , is the device active etc , narrow it down to a couple of admins that have access to make changes and the rest give them no admin access just to view

I don't think prime has the answer here as its doing what it should its the user at fault , removing them is the issue but from your point of view if it was happening to me and i couldn't prevent it you could get the original import list from LMS put it into excel sheet and then run a report of inventory in prime pull the current list add that into same excel sheet and search and replace using ctrl f function and then only add the devices that have been removed back in by bulk and rediscover them , this will stop duplicates

im not aware of a automated discovery section in Prime its something I have always had to enable per device or set of devices