cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco prime 3.4 Netflow unknown traffic and custom services

alexniko
Level 1
Level 1

I can’t understand how to add my own filters for the NetFlow, that is, I can understand how to add, but the system persistently continues to see its filters from the Services-Application Visibility & Control-Applications and Services section, and there’s a lot of things missing and there is something that makes no sense. For example, a yahoo-messanger is  80 and 443 tcp ports are assigned, I cannot delete this entry or change ports in the default entries. Is it posible to build my owns set of filterfs or something, so I want see real traffic in my network, but I see 60% of unknown and 30% of yahoo-mesanger, but it's wrong

1 Reply 1

pieterh
VIP
VIP

can you first check licensing?

to use netflow and AVC you need at least assurance license.

When troubleshooting licenses, it is important to remember that Prime Infrastructure has six types of licenses:

• Base : Required for every Prime Infrastructure installation. The requirement stems primarily from the need to do accurate royalty accounting by knowing how many Prime Infrastructure instances have been purchased. A Base license is required for each instance of Prime Infrastructure, and is a prerequisite for all other license types.
  • Lifecycle : Regulates the total number of devices under Prime Infrastructure management.
  • Assurance : Regulates the total number of NetFlow devices under Prime Infrastructure management.
  • Collector : Regulates the total number of NetFlow data flows per second that Prime Infrastructure can process.
  • Data Center: Regulates the number of blade servers being managed by UCS device(s) in Prime Infrastructure.The license count matches the number of blades or rack units associated with any UCS device.

Datacenter licenses are specific only to UCS devices (Blade count). Other Data Center devices, such as Nexus switches and MDS devices, are managed using a normal Lifecycle license.

• Data Center Hypervisor : Regulates the total number of host(s) managed by Prime Infrastructure management. This license manages Discovery Sources (Vcenters) in Prime Infrastructure. This license type was introduced with Prime Infrastructure version 3.0.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card