Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco prime 3.4 VMTools install

ali007
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I have been asked to install vmtools on our Cisco Prime, however, no idea on how to do it. can one of you please let me know the steps:

Cisco Application Deployment Engine OS Release: 3.1
ADE-OS Build Version: 3.1.0.001
ADE-OS System Architecture: x86_64

Version information of installed applications
---------------------------------------------

Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Version : 3.4.0
Build : 3.4.0.0.348
Critical Fixes:
PI 3.4.2 Maintenance Release ( 2.0.0 )
PI 3.4.2 Update 01 ( 1.0.0 )

thanks

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Consider the prime-vm as being an appliance and or a 'closed-box' , hence that is not supported or in worst case interfere with correct functioning

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi mate, thanks for the quick response. So, you are saying vmtools are not supported on prime Infrastructure? Also, what do you mean by "in worst case interfere with correct functioning"?

Thanks 

VMware Tools are typically only available on Windows and some Linux. They will not install on other software from Cisco and other vendors. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

bkennedy97
Level 1
Level 1

VMWare tools was version specific for Cisco Prime Infrastructure,  the command for use is/was executed from the underlying guest shell.  To access requires accessing the CLI interface of Prime, then typing shell at the exec prompt in the CLI.  Newer releases of Prime do not allow for it.   Here is another thread for reference:

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.4 + VMWare Tools install - Cisco Community