Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 3.8 + SNMP

Jay_Work
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an odd one. Usually add my switches to Prime without a problem via 'Add Device' and add the SNMP credentials along with SSH - this has been successful on 3850 switches using 16.3.9 & 16.9.4. Recently upgraded Prime to v3.8 and had not noticed any issues until I came to add 9300 switches using Gibraltar 16.12.03a. When adding the device I continue to get the error in Prime 'Device unreachable for SNMP V3 Credentials.'. I've tried removing SNMPv3 from the switches and then using SNMPv2 but still have the error message... Have good connectivity can ping off the switches to other devices and can ping the switches from other devices. Perhaps i'm doing something wrong with snmpv3 on these 9300 switches but has anyone any experience/tips they could share? 

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- To verify any credentials (including snmp) - Press the Verify Credentials button , before adding the device to Prime, check if differences are seen ,in behavior , between snmp v2 or v3 usage.  In both cases check the switch-logs afterwards when this is done, perhaps additional info is provided as to whether (snmp)-access was not granted.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks. I've ran a few commands such as snmpwalk from the Prime box to the switch and it was unsuccessful. I tried this on other switches that I know are active in Prime and the snmpwalk worked. I restarted the Prime services and changed the snmp engine id but no luck. I ran some packet tracer queries and the switch wasnt responding. I'm not thinking this could be a routing issue as you could only ping off the switch if using ping x.x.x.x with a source vlan, so we are checking with our provider on this. Thanks for advice.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card