cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime adding network device that uses TACACS

chibo3055
Level 1
Level 1

I have cisco prime 2.2. i am looking to add devices to prime to be managed for the purpose of backing up their configs & monitoring them in a central place. However, when i try to add a device it rejects my authentication saying username and password are not correct. I am speculating this is because the device is using tacacs. Even when i try an admin account that is permitted has admin rights in tacacs & allows me to log into the network device in question. It still fails.

Has anyone seen this behavior from cisco prime?

If so what is the easiest way to add devices to cisco prime? 

btw.. i also tried the local admin account on the network device but it would still not let me add the device. Throwing same error about password/username incorrect and that the SNMP community string is invalid.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

You should be able to add devices that use Tacacs. Ensure  that the account you use has rights to connect to that switch, ensure ACL on the switch allow Prime server to connect and ensure SNMP string and ACL allow Prime Server.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

You should be able to add devices that use Tacacs. Ensure  that the account you use has rights to connect to that switch, ensure ACL on the switch allow Prime server to connect and ensure SNMP string and ACL allow Prime Server.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

@johnd2310 that is correct. The account used to add and the ACLs in place are not restricting access either.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco