cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime and managing WLC 4404 running version 6.0.202

ggladney
Level 1
Level 1

I've downloaded Prime Infrastructure 1.2 eval and wanted to see what it looked from WCS that I am currently using to manage the wireless network and I added the WLC (4404) device but it list the device as  "Managed with Warning" and I can't find what the warning is.  Can someone point me if the right direction?

Thanks,

Gary

3 Replies 3

Rob Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like a credentials problem between Prime Infrastructure and the WLC

Fixing Credential Errors

Most often you will find a few devices that don't have the SNMP strings or the CLI access that you thought they would have. You can either streamline or change the information on the devices, or if you have another set of credentials for a different subnet, you could add that to the CLI section of the discovery profile and rerun the discovery. If you have a handful of changes, you can click the devices with a status of Managed with Warning and then click the Edit button to modify the credentials.

Thanks for the response.  I looked at the credentials and they are the same.  I using WCS currently to monitor the 4404 and it uses the same credentials as I'm trying to use on the Prime application.  Do you know where to look for the waring?  When I click on the device and see the details there is practially no information.  I'm using SMNP2c community strings.

Thanks,

Gary

6.0 WLC Code isn't supported and probably won't work with Prime Infrastructure.1.2.x

Please refer to the Cisco Prime Infrastructure Compatibility Matrix section in the link below----

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5500/tech_notes/Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.html#wp92761