cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Configuration Archive - Schedule Archive Invalid Config File Type::ADMINCONFIG

trylvis123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to set up a daily configuration archive of our devices in PI.

We build 3.1.0.0.132, virtual.

While in Inventory -> Device Management -> Configuration Archive, I click the "Schedule Archive" button, choose "Start Time = now", and recurrence "Daily". When I click on submit, I then go to the Job Dashboard, where the job has status "Failure" with the error message "Invalid Config File Type::ADMINCONFIG".

We have a PI set up in another enviroment, where we do not get the same error. I've tried to reboot PI.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Note that Prime does this automatically  (archive configuration(s)); the nature of the error message seems to indicate that your setup conflicts with  Prime inner workings (prime provides this feature automatically ; at least once a week, look in the Jobs section. to see if the interval can be changed if you want it  on a daily basis)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Marce1000, thank you for your reply.

The reason why I wanted to set up this, was that I saw that some of our devices didn't have a configuration archived at all - so I want a daily job doing this, to be sure that we have config-backup on a regular basis. Preferably also with an email report.

Any ideas on how to debug the "setup with Prine inner workings"?

- You should revert to 'prime's automatic behavior'  ; if  there is no archive go to the device list in Prime and check the row 'Last inventory collection' ; check for error statuses if any; or and hoover over the 'i' icon to check why an inventory collection failed.

Possibly remove the device from Prime and re-add it; but issue the 'Verify credentials' button first to check that all access credentials for the switch were enterd correctly.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: