cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Deploy Image failed

fredrik@skne.se
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Cisco PI 3.3 and Im trying to deploy "c2960x-universalk9-tar.152-2.E7.tar" to a STACKED switch WS-C2960X-24PS-L running Version 15.2(3r)E1

I am trying to deploy using SCP, TFTP, FTP in that order.

Last Inventory Collection Status is Completed.

I can SSH in to the device. But I dont get why the deployment is failing. The closest clue i get is from "https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvg10748/?rfs=iqvred" witch says use TFTP.

Anyone have a workaround?

Full log below from Software Image Management Job Result:

Distributing image [c2960x-universalk9-tar.152-2.E7.tar] using protocol SCP

failure

The image does not exists on the device continue Distribution Process The image does not exists on the device continue Distribution Process Flash Validation successfully completed.The image does not exists on the device continue Distribution Process Flash Validation successfully completed.Checking if HTTP server is enabled on the device...Http Server is not enabled, will continue with Software Upgrade Operation.Loading Image File to Device : Image copied using Protocol : SCP. Destination file name on storage location and the source file name are different..
Distributing image [c2960x-universalk9-tar.152-2.E7.tar] using protocol TFTP

failure

The image does not exists on the device continue Distribution Process The image does not exists on the device continue Distribution Process Flash Validation successfully completed.The image does not exists on the device continue Distribution Process Flash Validation successfully completed.Checking if HTTP server is enabled on the device...Http Server is not enabled, will continue with Software Upgrade Operation.Loading Image File to Device : Loading image file to flash device is completed. Destination file name on storage location and the source file name are different..
Distributing image [c2960x-universalk9-tar.152-2.E7.tar] using protocol FTP

failure

The image does not exists on the device continue Distribution Process The image does not exists on the device continue Distribution Process Flash Validation successfully completed.The image does not exists on the device continue Distribution Process Flash Validation successfully completed.Checking if HTTP server is enabled on the device...Http Server is not enabled, will continue with Software Upgrade Operation.Loading Image File to Device : Loading image file to flash device is completed. Destination file name on storage location and the source file name are different..

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Please don't use Prime Infrastructure to upgrade the firmware of switches without someone physically close to intervene.

Thank you for your consern. I have taken precaution to do this. I will restart the switch during a service window later.

But the real problem I have is to distribute the tar-file to the switch.

david.brelage1
Level 1
Level 1

I am also experiencing this same problem with PI 3.6 distributing to 2960x stack switches. Symptoms are identical. I noticed that Prime creates a directory on the flash named 'update' but it doesn't actually copy anything into it. After the job inevitably fails, it removes the directory.