Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco prime inf 3.3 on ucs cc220-M5

ivan.martin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to install prime inf. v3.3 on cisco ucs c220M5 (UCSC -C220-M5SX) directly without any vmware licenses.

When I did it, the server show me the follow mistake: Error parsing kickstart config: new lv is too large to fit in free space, smosvg.

Someone has any advice for this issue?

Thanks you.

Regards, Ivan. 

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not tried me "Physical: The physical appliance is packaged as a rack-mountable server, with Prime Infrastructure pre-installed and configured for you. For physical appliance hardware specifications and capacities,"

if this, not a pre-build appliance, personally do not believe that works as a bare-metal installation, you need to install ESXi and vet OVA on top of it.

or get the original appliance order from cisco.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-3/quickstart/guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_3_0_Quick_Start_Guide.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Maybe the document you referring to cisco Prime Appliance - may worth trying your own hardware (but I have not tested it, wait for any one has success).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Someone has any advice about this issue please?

REgards, Ivan. 

You cannot reinstall a CPI appliance without VMWare,
VMWare on a CPI appliance is "invisibly" active in the background but it is still there

the recovery image for a full-recovery (the .ISO not the .OVA) includes VMware
you need to burn the image to DVD or create a bootable Linux  USB to install this image