cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco prime infrastructure 2.0 discovery job report & export issue.

Dawit Zeru
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a prime 2.0 and I search my network, for some reason I can get to export the discovery job or even find any discovery report.

I just wanted to work on the unreachable devices, and fix them.

is there a way to export all the discovery job information even with a report?

thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

NCS only provides an IP address, not even the neigbour on which the address was seen. Other info seen via CDP, like device name and device type, is also not availalble.

The IP's you have in the job instance and they are cut-paste-able!

They may however very well be IP's of known devices that cannot respond to SNMP on that interface.

I guess this means that cisco assumes that all devices in your network are already perfectly configured.  :-|

Too bad!

Hopefully in a future version of PI, a report that shows: IP, device name and device type as seen via CDP, and the neigbour(s) on which this device is seen, will become available.

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

NCS only provides an IP address, not even the neigbour on which the address was seen. Other info seen via CDP, like device name and device type, is also not availalble.

The IP's you have in the job instance and they are cut-paste-able!

They may however very well be IP's of known devices that cannot respond to SNMP on that interface.

I guess this means that cisco assumes that all devices in your network are already perfectly configured.  :-|

Too bad!

Hopefully in a future version of PI, a report that shows: IP, device name and device type as seen via CDP, and the neigbour(s) on which this device is seen, will become available.

Cheers,

Michel

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card