Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.2 API GET Interfaces

GuillaumeCisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm using Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.2 and I'm trying to get some info from the API in order to build a template.

But I can't find how to get all the interfaces' name from a device IP. I tried many queries but none of them returned what I expect. Is there a way the interfaces?

Thank you.

Guillaume.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

smp
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, doesn't "GET InventoryDetails" give you what you need? I believe you can use the capabilities of REST to filter it down to only the devices you are interested in.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

smp
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, doesn't "GET InventoryDetails" give you what you need? I believe you can use the capabilities of REST to filter it down to only the devices you are interested in.

Hi Scott,

Thanks to you I figured it out !

Here is what I did :

1st - Get all the devices id

You can call either /webacs/api/v1/data/Devices or /webacs/api/v1/data/InventoryDetails

2nd - Get info from each device

Call /webacs/api/v1/data/InventoryDetails/1234 <-- Device Id

And you get all the interfaces name, duplex mode, interface index, neighbors, VLan, ...

Thanks again !

Guillaume.

Terrific! It seems  that the PI API is still new enough that there aren't a lot of people out there using it yet. I was looking for a forum specifically dedicated to the PI, and I found one in the Developer community:

https://communities.cisco.com/community/developer/networking/cloud-and-systems-management/prime-infrastructure

That community seems to have at least one Cisco resource who is fairly responsive and knowledgeable. Keep an eye out there for helpful stuff.