Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.2 API GET Interfaces

Hi,

I'm using Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.2 and I'm trying to get some info from the API in order to build a template.

But I can't find how to get all the interfaces' name from a device IP. I tried many queries but none of them returned what I expect. Is there a way the interfaces?

Thank you.

Guillaume.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello, doesn't "GET InventoryDetails" give you what you need? I believe you can use the capabilities of REST to filter it down to only the devices you are interested in.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello, doesn't "GET InventoryDetails" give you what you need? I believe you can use the capabilities of REST to filter it down to only the devices you are interested in.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Scott,

Thanks to you I figured it out !

Here is what I did :

1st - Get all the devices id

You can call either /webacs/api/v1/data/Devices or /webacs/api/v1/data/InventoryDetails

2nd - Get info from each device

Call /webacs/api/v1/data/InventoryDetails/1234 <-- Device Id

And you get all the interfaces name, duplex mode, interface index, neighbors, VLan, ...

Thanks again !

Guillaume.

Highlighted

Terrific! It seems  that the PI API is still new enough that there aren't a lot of people out there using it yet. I was looking for a forum specifically dedicated to the PI, and I found one in the Developer community:

https://communities.cisco.com/community/developer/networking/cloud-and-systems-management/prime-infrastructure

That community seems to have at least one Cisco resource who is fairly responsive and knowledgeable. Keep an eye out there for helpful stuff.

Content for Community-Ad