Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.0 Backup Error

CSCO10675262_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just setup a Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.0 and when I tried to perform a backup; I am getting the following error "There is a problem with operating Database. Please check oracle database documentation for more details". I was wondering if anyone may have seen such issue? I have check the disk usage and it is at 2% usage. I have tried to perform the database reinit and clean with no success as well. I have attached the screen capture below:

aaa-PI/admin# backup PI1234 repository FTP

DO NOT press ^C while the backup is in progress
Aborting backup with a ^C may terminate the backup operation or the backup file may be corrupted

Backup Started at : 09/23/15 16:23:45
  Error: There is a problem with operating Database. Please check oracle database documentation for more details.

% Internal error: couldn't create backup file

I have tried to backup to local disk repository with the same error also.  Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That would would definitely be a case for the TAC.

As they say " no user servicable parts inside".

Hi Marvin,

Appreciate for the update. I will arrange to open a TAC case for it.

Thanks.

Hi CSCO10675262_2,

Did you have solution for this case?

I'm grateful if you share the solution because I have the same problem.

Thanks

Daniel Duarte

Hi,

I had reinstalled the PI previously as there wasnt too much data on it to reconfigure.

emil.fung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am upgrading the UCS Prime from 2.1.1 to 2.2 today. and getting the same problem:

admin# backup PI-Backup repository ftpserver application NCS
% Creating backup with timestamped filename: PI-Backup-151203-1315.tar.gpg
Backup Started at : 12/03/15 13:15:58
Error: There is a problem with operating Database. Please check oracle database documentation for more details.
% Internal error: couldn't create backup file

How to solve the problem finally?Thanks

Best Regards,

Pat

Hi emil.fung,

Really you will have to contact the TAC. They are steps that only TAC has. They will make steps in Oracle.

Daniel Duarte

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: