Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1.0 Standard or Professional

rkelly100
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

Our organisation has Prime Infrastructure 3.1 and looking to use Compliance and Baseline services to check for and roll out configurations to devices. I have read that to enable this you need to install Cisco Prime Professional.

My question is; How can I tell whether our install is the Professional option or not?

Thanks

Rick

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco makes in annoyingly difficult to tell this.

The only ways I have found are:

1. In the GUI look under Administration > Settings > System Settings > Server. If you have Professional then you will see a menu option there to turn the Compliance Service on or off.

2. You can also look at the cli output of "ncs status". If the output indicates "Compliance Service is running" (or stopped) then you have Professional.

We actually have 3.1.3 installed, unfortunately it must be be standard install as can't see the ability to turn on compliance service.

Is there any way to upgrade to Professional without having to perform a full install?

Thanks

Rick

TAC may be able to suggest an alternative but the only way I know of is to build a new VM meeting the specifications for the Professional tier and choosing the installation options accordingly. Make sure you have the same patch level and device packs (if any). Then backup the current host and restore onto the new VM.

Many thanks for the information Marvin

jmandersson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rick,

Have a look in the release note for 3.1.3. Per my understandign you have Compliance services in the standard Prime Infrastructure virtual appliance from now on:

Compliance Services Enhancements

• Metadata for PSIRT and EOX reports is updated till May 2016.
  • Compliance service support in standard Prime Infrastructure virtual appliance.

jmandersson  ,

I know the Release Notes say that but, unfortunately, I have found it not to be the case.

See below for a screen shot from a PI 3.1.3 server without the ability to enable Compliance Service (open in new tab to zoom):

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card