Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure Repeated Email Notification for Alerts

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

Currently we already have alerts in place for my access points and switches. If something happens, usually PI will send alert via email. But the email notification is only sent once when the issue occurs (or after it cleared then the issue occurs again). Can I get a repeated alerts sent from PI? Let's say if an alert has not been cleared, it will send an email notification every hour.

I have checked on the PI menu, so far I haven't seen the options to do so. My PI version is 3.7. Thank you.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i don't remember correctly check the options :

Administration / Settings / System Settings" -> Alarm E-Mail Options -> Email Send Interval

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-8/admin/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_8_AdminGuide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_8_AdminGuide_chapter_0111.html#con_1097969

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Balaji,

On Email Send Interval, I have 30 minutes as the value. But the email is not repetitive.

On the page that you gave me, there is a note saying "Prime Infrastructure sends alarm notification email for the first instance of an alarm and the subsequent notification is sent only if the alarm severity is changed.". Does it mean that if the severity is not changed, any subsequent email just won't be delivered?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card