Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime LMS 4.0 upgrade question

aanonruiz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello sirs,

I have a Cisco Prime LMS 4.0.1 and I would like to upgrade to LMS 4.2. Do I need to upgrade the license? I mean It has any cost.

Thank very much,

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As long as you are performing an inline migration (that is, staying on the same host), your LMS 4.0.1 license will remain valid without modification on the upgraded system.

Are you already on Windows Server 2008 R2 with your existing system? I'd have to double check for Windows systems but I believe If you have to rebuild the OS, you may need to get your license re-issued.

Hello Marvin,

Could you tell me if is possible to migrate directly from LMS 4.0 to Prime 2.1 using a inline migration in a 2008 Standard 64 bits SO?

Thank you.

No.

For several resaons:

1. Prime LMS and Prime Infrastructure are very different products. The word "prime" is about all they have in common besides the facts that they both do network management and are made by Cisco.

2. Your LMS 4.0 is running on Windows. Prime Infrastructure runs on a Cisco-packaged ADE-OS on top of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (included) on either an appliance or as a VM on an ESXi server.

You can export your devices from LMS and import them onto a newly built PI server. That's about all you can get.

Note that PI does not have feature parity with LMS. Check this listing and decide if any of these things are important to you.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card