cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime LMS 4.1 Failed Software Distribution

ciscofigueroa
Level 1
Level 1

I have attempted to upgrade software on 3750 series switches with no success.  I have downloaded the required software images from cisco.com and I have imported them into the software repository on the server.  But I get NoReslut for Image Options and Storage Options.  I have loaded these images manually via ssh with no issues and I was starting to prepare a mass distribution through LMS.  Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. 

The following is the error from LMS:

SWIM1032: Images obtained for Recommendation do not meet the hardware and software requirements of the selected device.
Either the Candidate Images were filtered based on the selected Admin Preferences or they did not meet the Flash/RAM/BootROM needed to run on the device.
Check the Admin Preference or add more images to software repository and retry the operation.

Also, for some reason when I click view details on the Dirtribute by Devices- View Recommendations screen, it does not show flash infromation even though full details have been collected on the device.

File_Name : c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-55.SE4.bin

File_Size : Unknown

Family : C3750

Version : 12.2(55)SE4

BOOTROM : Bootstrap program is C3750 boot loader

RAM : 147849216

Feature : IP|LAYER_3|SSH|3DES|MIN_DRAM_MEG=128

Media : RAM

Image_Type : SYSTEM_SW

Software_Name : C3750-IPBASEK9-M

SOURCE : flash:

UPGRADETYPE : ACTIVE

Flash Information

---------------------------------

No Information

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

It should be a .TAR image ( depending on the Feature set running on the current IOS) not a  .BIN Image

Thanks-

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

have you tried the .TAR image ?

try and see how it works

Thanks-

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks for the reply.  Do you mean download the following .tar image:

IP BASE WITH WEB BASED DEV MGR

c3750-ipbasek9-tar.150-2.SE4.tar

Hi,

It should be a .TAR image ( depending on the Feature set running on the current IOS) not a  .BIN Image

Thanks-

Excellent.  Using the IOS .tar file enabled the image to be found.  Why is this necessary?  I did not see this documented in the LMS guides.

I remeber there was a BUG in previous version of LMS where , you have to use .TAR for IOS upgarde for 3750. It looks liek it is still applicable to new LMS. you can check with TAC for Bug Id(new).

If my post helped you ,kindly mark it resolved.

Thanks-

Afroz

Hello Afroj

I have a discussion with a similar issue but installing .rar did not fixed it :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4037471#4037471

Do you know of any bugs that could be reason for this?

Best

Isaac

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: