Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Map

Soheil721
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I've got a problem with 2 AP on cisco prime map. As you can see in screenshot AP "ap1100376_4" and "ap1100376_5" have different numbers of antennas respectect to other 3 APs. I should mention that all the AP are the same model. Does anyone know why these two are shown with 2 antennas instead of 3?

Thanks

Soheil721_0-1707154544836.png

7 Replies 7

Hello,

there are numerous bugs in Prime when it comes to antennas. Which prime version are you running, and what are your AP models >

All the AP are 1852I-E-K9 and the version of Prime is 3.10.2

Hello,

I checked for bugs again, but there is none specific to your AP and/or the Prime version. Do the antennas not show up only on the map, or do you also not see them in Prime when you configure them (see link below, go to the 'Configure Access Points XOR Antenna' section):

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-10/user/guide/ciscoprimeinfrastructure_3_10_userguide/configure_wireless_technologies.html#con_1080147

Thanks George for your help.

Actually on both sides the antennas are shown the same (on map and also on monitoring and configuration parts). As I noticed the only difference is, when I enter the config page, BLE is not set for problematic AP, beside that the config for 2.4 GHz and 5 is identical for all AP. In your opinione, is it relative since that BLE is off for those AP they are shown with two antennas on map? 

Hello,

good question. I have no idea how enabling or disabling BLE would affect the number of antennas displayed in Prime. I guess it comes down to testing it out...can you enable BLE on one of the 'problematic' APs ?

does this version of Prime have a "show legend" option ?
Get Help—Click the Get Help (i) sign on the left side of the map to view the next generation map icons. 

1) the user guide Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.10 User Guide - Use Wireless Site Maps [Cisco Prime Infrastructure] - Cisco

Table 1. Next Generation Map Icons
show  the meaning of icons and its information, like colors, Radio Status, Radio Band/Mode etc
this doesn't mention  "t" like a and b radio

Radio Band/Mode

a

802.11 a/n/ac (5GHZ)

b

802.11 b/g/n (2.5GHZ)

n

802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHZ)

m

XOR (Monitor Mode)

2) if you "hover" over the "t"  or click on it an information banner may pop-up ?

3) do you have multiple wireless controllers ? do they have the same software version?
also AP/wlan configuration may differ over controllers

1) Thanks for useful link.

2) By hovering mouse over "t" antenna pop-up the same banner which appears hovering on other antennas or AP. I send you a screenshot to see the banner.

3) In fact we have multiple WLC but all the APs of the mentioned map are under control of the same WLC. Also confirm that all the APs have the same software version.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card