Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Notifications devices

Hiko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends

I am configured email notifications for my Cisco Switch and other devices . Prime send email notifications success  but sending notifications from all port acces and Trunk port but I want sent from only trunk port so I create port group and device group and i choose only trunk port or I choose some port but does not work again sending from all port 

How can i solve this problem 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hiko
Level 1
Level 1

Prime

1. Created two port groups. One group has ports we want to monitor and another group we don't want to monitor.

2. Monitor / Monitoring Tools / Alarm Policies / Edit Interface Alarm Policy / Select switch model and User Defined / Under System Defined, select Trunk Ports and Link Ports / User Defined Ports, select the port group that has ports you want to monitor.

3. Click drop down and Activate

4. Click Save and Activate.

5. Repeat steps 2 except you will select Access Ports / User Defined Ports, select the port group that has ports you don't want to monitor.

6. Click drop down and select Suppress.

7. Save and Activate.

8. check log on the switch when a port goes up and down.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Moving thread to Network Management forum (vs. Network Security).

Hiko
Level 1
Level 1

Prime

1. Created two port groups. One group has ports we want to monitor and another group we don't want to monitor.

2. Monitor / Monitoring Tools / Alarm Policies / Edit Interface Alarm Policy / Select switch model and User Defined / Under System Defined, select Trunk Ports and Link Ports / User Defined Ports, select the port group that has ports you want to monitor.

3. Click drop down and Activate

4. Click Save and Activate.

5. Repeat steps 2 except you will select Access Ports / User Defined Ports, select the port group that has ports you don't want to monitor.

6. Click drop down and select Suppress.

7. Save and Activate.

8. check log on the switch when a port goes up and down.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: