Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WSA - not all traffic in logs?

hash2k2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco WSA S390 cluster up and running.
On my monitoring system I have a Netflow sensor running for my ASA.
For last night I see the IP address of the active member of the WSA cluster transferring a lot of data (50GB) with xxx.amazonaws.com.
Now I want to see which client is downloading the data via the WSA, but if I filter for the specific time last night, I just see 2kb with 2 transactions during that time.

I already have seen that a couple of times. I seems like not all traffic is getting written to the logs.
Does it maybe have something to do if the connection is build by clients falling under a no authentication policy? We have some devices added to "no authentication".

Are there other known reasons why not all traffic is being logged?

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

based on the logs how you configured you can see in the dashboard what IP transfered that data

is this managed by SMA  ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi,
we do not have a SMA (you mean Security Management Appliance, right?) running. We are managing both members by itself.
If I filter for amazonaws.com for last night, I just see 2kb of data, not 50GB.

Hello,

can you post the Netflow configuration of your ASA ?

class-map netflow_inet
match any

policy-map global_policy
class netflow_inet
flow-export event-type all destination xx.xx.xx.xx

is is only 1 time, you can see on dashboard top clients ?

if the WSA it self trying to get some data it wont show there (but not that i am aware WSA try to get 50GB data).

BB

Hi,

that is strange. Now I can see the traffic in the logs. It took a couple of hours.
Is this a normal behaviour?

Traffic was between 0:45AM and 1:45AM Central European Time. I checked the dashboard at 8:30AM CET.
Now I looked up again at 13:30PM CET and I can see over 80GB of data loaded from cloudsink.net / amazonaws.

Turns out this was an update for Crowdstrike..

not that delay we expected. until it was ongoing took time to complete to report ?

BB

Hello,

I am pretty sure AWS adds its own timestamp, and somehow that overrides your local settings. How that can happen...we need to find out, if possible, how and where the Crowdstrike data is hosted exactly (e.g. S3 bucket). Is there a way for you to get that information ?