Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoPrime 3.9 Web Application Issue

So just a few weeks after an Update from 3.7 to 3.9 the Cisco Prime Web App just stopped working.

It suddenly stopped loading, sometimes I only can Login, sometimes it even let me see my dashboard but mostly it just runs into a timeout. I first thougth it is a VMWare problem but all other VM's are fine.

Only the Prime stopped working. Any ideas or experiences?

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- When that happens check the output of 

cisco-prime/admin# ncs status 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I will, also I created a new instance from an application backup sadly It just does not work.

It responds to a ping but as soon as I try to connect to the web  application it just runs into

"ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" 

The NCS status command looks good, everything is running, but it still runs into timeout.

- Check if you have no intermediate firewalling solutions, which could block full access to the Prime GUI.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

No, there are no proxies or firewalls between the server and my client. I tried to ping from the prime server to his own gateway and it simply does not work.

- (temporarily) Disable any local AV and or firewalling solutions on your device too , as a test. If persistent try from another device as a sanity check. If the problem continues try to fetch the page with wgethttps://linux.die.net/man/1/wget and or turn on debugging too, see what happens and or provide output here.

M.

Thanks for the help so far. The output for  wget https://[myipadress]/webacs --no-check-certificate only gets me the "Connection Refused". I also did the debug all command but no luck so far.

- It still means that the GUI-service is not running , if ncs status reports everything is OK, then reboot the prime-server but scrutinize the boot process when all services are being started , make sure no errors are seen.

M.

The output from the logging is not really helpfull either, I tried this command.

"show logging | include "CURRENT DATE" | include ERROR"

I get a lot of these, it spams my whole logging history

[seqtaskexecutor-11] Error wirelessuser - ERROR: Station entry NULL for ----XXXXXXXXXXX

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: