cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoView 5.5: Not showing GBIC as green (up)

marcjone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Does anyone know how to identify which kind of GBic's are installed in a WS-C2950G-48-EI ?

Note: I don't have physical access to the device

The reason I ask, is because I am wondering whether I may be hitting the following bug:

<snip>

CSCin23588: Cat2950 - cardIfConnectorTypeEnabled returns wrong value for CWDM-GBIC

Due to this bug the CWDM GBIC modules may not be displayed properly in

CiscoView earlier to the 12.1(11)EA1 IOS version

<snip>

In CiscoView 5.5 I do not see any connection to the GBIC's even though I know from CLI that there is a connection in one of them. This has been verified with a 'show cdp neighbors' also

Many thanks in advance for any help

Kind regards

Marcus

2 Replies 2

j-block
Level 4
Level 4

I also suspect this could be the cause of the problem. Also check whether the Cisco View 5.5has all the required patches to recognize GBICs installed in WS-C2950G-48-EI. Because if the required patches are not available you will not be able to see them through Cisco View. Please check on these two aspects.

Many thanks for your response John

We're running device package number 4.0, so we should be ok as I believe that this device has been supported since device package number 2.0

Indeed, it was the readme file for the device package which alerted me to this bug. Unfortunately, bug tool has no publicly available description for this bug so I can't get any futher info on it without going through TAC

I appreciate your feedback

Kind regards

Marcus

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card