Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks:Archieve configurations of routers/switches with only ssh/telnet

raza555
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I want to do the archieve configurations of couple of routers/switches with only ssh/telnet and rest thousands of devices will be via snmp.

Currently I am backing up the configurations of thoudands of  routers/switches via snmp, as snmp is configured on them, but couple of routers/switches are external and snmp is not configured on them so I want to get their configuration via ssh/telnet only.

Please advise me that is it possible to do the archieve configurations of routers/switches with only ssh/telnet?

I am using the

LMS: 1.2.0

RME: 4.3.0

CS:    3.3.0

CM:   5.2.1

DFM: 3.2.0

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The config archive protocol order applies to all devices universally.  Since you are using TFTP for most of your devices, I recommend you leave TFTP at the top of the protocol order list.  Add TELNET and SSH below TFTP.  The external devices will be attempted with SNMP/TFTP, but those operations will fail.  RME will then fall back to TELNET then to SSH.  It will eventually fetch the configuration successfully.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The config archive protocol order applies to all devices universally.  Since you are using TFTP for most of your devices, I recommend you leave TFTP at the top of the protocol order list.  Add TELNET and SSH below TFTP.  The external devices will be attempted with SNMP/TFTP, but those operations will fail.  RME will then fall back to TELNET then to SSH.  It will eventually fetch the configuration successfully.