Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Backup status unable to detect

lalit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joseph,

I am facing problem with the Ciscoworks server backup, when i checked the backup status it says " Backup not found or unable to detect " .Also checked the dbbackup.log file and found there is no update in the file.

Please need your info on this.

Thanks & Regds,

Lalit

27 Replies 27

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you scheduled the backup to run under Common Services > Server > Admin > Backup?  It sounds like the backup may not be scheduled.

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes. I have scheduled the backup under Common Services > Server > Admin > Backup page.Also i have scheduled through command line but backup is not running.

Please find the attached screenshot.

Thanks & Regds,

Lalit

Post the NMSROOT/lib/classpath/backupstatus.properties file.  What version of LMS is this?

Hi Joseph,

The LMS version is 2.6.I have cheked the backupstatus.properties file and found the file size is 0kb.Backupstatus.properties file contains nothing.Its a empty file.

Thanks & Regds,

Lalit

Add this to backupstatus.properties:

LAST_BACKUP_STATUS=
LAST_BACKUP_DATE=
LAST_BACKUP_DETAILS=
LAST_BACKUP_FOLDER=

You may then need to go to Common Services > Server > Admin > Backup and reschedule your backup.  Make sure the Scheduler service is running on your server as that is how the backup will be executed.

Hi Joseph,

I have added the following line in the backupstatus.properties file and restarted the Ciscoworks service.Also checked the Scheduler services and found to running.I have reschedule the backup. Even after that backup is not working.When i checked the backup admin page it says " Backup not found or unable to detect "

I have checked the dbbackup.log file and found there is no update to the file.

I have added the LAST_BACKUP_FOLDER= destination backup folder and rest i just kept blank

for e.g

LAST_BACKUP_STATUS=
LAST_BACKUP_DATE=
LAST_BACKUP_DETAILS=
LAST_BACKUP_FOLDER=destination backup folder name

Please need your info on this.

Thanks & Regds,

Lalit

What happens if you run the backup manually from the command line?

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/backup.pl BACKUP_DIR

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the reply.

If i run the backup manually with following command it just execute but actually there will no backup running.

Please find the attched screenshot of backup page.

Thanks & Regds,

Lalit

What do you mean, it just executes?  What output do you get on the console when you run the backup manually?

Also, what platform is LMS running on?

Hi Joseph

I run the below command from the command line.

C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\backup.pl C:\backup

and press Enter.

I didnt got any output or message on the console.If my backup command is wrong then would have got some error message in CLI.The command i entered from CLI is correct.When i chekced the dbbackup.log file i didnt see any meassge related to backup.This means there is no logs been captured in dbbackup.log file.

LMS is running on windows 2003 Server.I wanted to update you that backup problem has started after the RME database reinitilization.

Thanks & Regds,

Lalit

Please check if you are executing the command properly on the CLI of the ciscoworks Server.

*where NMSROOT is the Ciscoworks LMS install directory, like C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx and BACKUP_DIR is a directory where you want to

save the backup, like, C:\LMSBackup.

Example :

C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\backup.pl C:\LMSBackup

Please check this see if it is able to take a backup properly and post if there is an error.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

I am facing a similar problem. After a database corruption on RME 4.3.0 on a brand new lms 3.2 installation I removed RME 4.3.0.

The corruption was after some device packages updates.

Started the installation again to just install the RME 4.3.0 but the instal proccess makes a backup and says the backup is in error.

The backup log has no errors, see attached backup.log.

Now I am removimg all and will reinstall.

I already had this problem on other installation.

Does any one knows a solution?

Thanks

Start a new thread for your issue, and include specifics about the error.

Hi

I run the below command from the command line.

C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\backup.pl C:\backup

and press Enter.

I didnt got any output or message on the console.If my backup command is wrong then would have got some error message in CLI.The command i entered from CLI is correct.When i chekced the dbbackup.log file i didnt see any meassge related to backup.This means there is no logs been captured in dbbackup.log file.

Thanks & Regds,

Lalit