Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoworks cli commands

secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I hv lms 2.6, and currently facing some issues DCR. i would like to know is there any cli commands in lms by which i can (1) export the dcr using cli, since the gui is giving dcr communication error..

regards

sec-it

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In LMS 2.6 I mostly see issues with daemons down because of certificates expired. Please check your certificates of server via NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/MDC/Apache/SSLUtil.pl and select option 1.

If it says expired regenerate is via following procedure :

Please try the following steps:

1. Stop the daemon manager

2. Regenerate the SSL certificate (Dont forget to start you shell/command prompt session as Administrator):

*Remove server.*  files under NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\conf\ssl (take backup of all 4 files before deleting).

*NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\ConfigSSL.pl -disable

*NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\ConfigSSL.pl -enable

*Fill all the details it request for.

*Ensure that the following files are created under NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\conf\ssl :

server.crt

server.csr

server.key

server.pk8

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes. Please refer to page 61 of this guide.

The command is

NMSROOT/bin/dcrcli –u username

After authentication, you can choose:

exp: Exports to a file

thanks for the update...

when i do this command im getting the below..

Error in communicating with DCRServer.

Make sure that DCRServer is up and running before executing dcrcli. Error in communicating with DCRServer.
Make sure that DCRServer is up and running before executing dcrcli.

All the processes have comeup. Daemon mngr is automatic and rest of them are manual.

Aside, dfmFh process is not starting and sometime it will always be like "starting" state

pls help..

In LMS 2.6 I mostly see issues with daemons down because of certificates expired. Please check your certificates of server via NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/MDC/Apache/SSLUtil.pl and select option 1.

If it says expired regenerate is via following procedure :

Please try the following steps:

1. Stop the daemon manager

2. Regenerate the SSL certificate (Dont forget to start you shell/command prompt session as Administrator):

*Remove server.*  files under NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\conf\ssl (take backup of all 4 files before deleting).

*NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\ConfigSSL.pl -disable

*NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\ConfigSSL.pl -enable

*Fill all the details it request for.

*Ensure that the following files are created under NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\conf\ssl :

server.crt

server.csr

server.key

server.pk8

-Thanks

Thank you Vinod, i would do this now..

In parallel, could you advice on dfmFh service which is not coming up or showing as starting....

What i tried was, changed daemon to manual, rebooted server, entered the below cmds

net stop crmdmgtd

NMSROOT/objects/db/win32/dbsrv9 -f NMSROOT/databases/dfm/dfmFh.db --> (with no loss of data)

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbpasswd.pl dsn=dfmFh --> after entering the pwd, it tried to start the service automatically and ended with errors..

---------- DFMLOGSERVER.LOG
17/Jun/2012 09:58:14:968 ERROR  ? ?  - Exception in registry server java.net.Bin
dException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
17/Jun/2012 11:19:25:187 ERROR  ? ?  - Exception in registry server java.net.Bin
dException: Address in use: JVM_Bind

17/Jun/2012 11:50:59:078 ERROR  ? ?  - URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "TIS-1.0" : Not found

17/Jun/2012 11:51:12:656 ERROR  ? ?  - URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "ogs_server_urn" : No

Hi Varun,

DCR issue resolved and i have rated..

Could you pls check the dfmFh issue as well..

DFM usually doesnt contain much historical data, if possible you can try to re-initialize the DFM DB. By reinitializing DFM Db you would loss the Notification settings.

Please refer following guide for more details:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8796

-Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: