cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks LMS 3.2 unable to run Software or Device Update

situwayne
Level 1
Level 1

I am not able to run software or device update.  Initially I thought it was my proxy (Bluecoat) problem.  so I bypassed the proxy and still getting the same error.  based on the PSU.log, I am getting 404 error which ususally HTTP Not Found.  I am wondering if the URLs have been moved?  I've attached a sample of TCP stream in plain text.

with proxy credential:

[ Mon Mar 05 18:56:20 PST 2012 ] INFO   [SwUpdateAction : selectAllUpdates]  : Validated Cisco.com credentials..
[ Mon Mar 05 18:56:23 PST 2012 ] ERROR  [CcoDownloadAdapter : getXmlFileList]  : failed to connect to Cisco.com:RespCode=404, RespMsg=Not Found
[ Mon Mar 05 18:56:23 PST 2012 ] ERROR  [RemoteRepSync : downloadPsuHeadersAsXml]  : VDSException thrown com.cisco.nm.xms.vds.VDSException: CcoDownloadAdapter::getfileList():failed to connect to Cisco.com.
[ Mon Mar 05 18:56:23 PST 2012 ] INFO   [SwUpdateAction : selectAllUpdates]  : removing SwUpdateLock, due to exception..

bypass proxy:

[ Tue Mar 06 14:57:24 PST 2012 ] INFO   [SecurityHandler : getCSProxyLogin]  : No proxy User Name configured

[ Tue Mar 06 14:57:27 PST 2012 ] INFO   [SwUpdateAction : selectAllUpdates]  : Validated Cisco.com credentials..

[ Tue Mar 06 14:57:27 PST 2012 ] ERROR  [CcoDownloadAdapter : getXmlFileList]  : failed to connect to Cisco.com:RespCode=404, RespMsg=Not Found

[ Tue Mar 06 14:57:27 PST 2012 ] ERROR  [RemoteRepSync : downloadPsuHeadersAsXml]  : VDSException thrown com.cisco.nm.xms.vds.VDSException: CcoDownloadAdapter::getfileList():failed to connect to Cisco.com.

[ Tue Mar 06 14:57:27 PST 2012 ] INFO   [SwUpdateAction : selectAllUpdates]  : removing SwUpdateLock, due to exception..

4 Replies 4

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

it seems, your problem is bugID CSCto46927; you can download the patch for windows here: cwcs33x-win-CSCto46927-1.zip

Also, consider to update LMS 3.2 to version LMS 3.2.1 and apply alls other application patches and point patches available;

LMS 3.2 SP1:

ciscoworks_lms321_win_k9.zip

Thanks for that info.  I am having trouble installing the patch.  get this error.  could you please show me how to get around it?  thank you.

The patch is getting installed.....

Error opening tmpfile : No such file or directory

it seems that you do not have full permission on your TEMP directory - are you installing the patch as local administrator? - you should definitely do so....

I actually had the same issue and then noticed that the instructions tell you to run a command line against file CSCto46927-0 when the file provided is actually -1.