cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCOWorks LMS 4.X or 5.X vs CISCO Premier

Eric R. Jones
Level 4
Level 4

Hello I just had a visit from our CISCO rep and would like to ask if anyone has had experience with the new CISCO network management software?

I believe it's called prime or cisco_prime.

I have worked with CISCOWorks LMS 3.x and 4.x and I'm not impressed.

ej                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco Prime is the rebranding of the entire network management portfolio. LMS is still around (for now) as part of Prime Infrastructure. There is no LMS 5.x release. The latest is LMS 4.2.2, licensed under Prime Infrastructure 1.2 (along with NCS - successor of old WCS product for managing wireless infrastructure).

Going forward, Prime Infrastructure will completely combine the NCS and LMS products.

It's not a trivial product to fully grasp - no enterprise network management system that I've seen on 30+ years of network engineering is. But it is a very comprehensive set of tools that can and does help many organizations operate and maintain their networks.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco Prime is the rebranding of the entire network management portfolio. LMS is still around (for now) as part of Prime Infrastructure. There is no LMS 5.x release. The latest is LMS 4.2.2, licensed under Prime Infrastructure 1.2 (along with NCS - successor of old WCS product for managing wireless infrastructure).

Going forward, Prime Infrastructure will completely combine the NCS and LMS products.

It's not a trivial product to fully grasp - no enterprise network management system that I've seen on 30+ years of network engineering is. But it is a very comprehensive set of tools that can and does help many organizations operate and maintain their networks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: