Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks LMS-Inventory is not happening for cisco controller

Prasan Venky
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

I added this wlc in lms   and tried to collect inventory. But it is failing after taking long hours.

(LMS Version 3.2.1,WLC 4404 -Version 7.0.116)

(SNMP walk is successful & using SNMP V2c)

I hope the specific package is available in LMS as i could find the WLC 4404 in Device update->Sys Obj ID -> <id of 4404 WLC>

Any bug could be the reson for this...?

Any suggestion really appreciated.

Thank you in advance ..

6 Replies 6

Prasan Venky
Level 3
Level 3

Any help here

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think It should work as it is supported. If not, there could be various reasons.

> You should enabled debug for ICServer from RME > Admin > logging > ICServer and share NMSROOT/log/IC_Server.log. Before running job, remove content from IC_Server.log to have only this job data.

> Also the screenshot of the error you see when you run Inventory.

> Do a snmpwalk on your device for sysObjectID and share the result.

> Goto CS > Sotware center > device updates > click on RME device package count in front of it > search for sysobject ID and filter with 1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.1.1.4.3, share screenshot.

> Check updates from software centre if there is any package updated for WLC's.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Thank you very much for your reply. I will share all required data today.

>Goto CS > Sotware center > device updates > click on RME device package count in front of it > search for sysobject ID and filter with 1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.1.1.4.3, share screenshot

I tried this option and found the result as 'Cisco controller 4400 series'.

Rest Of the options i will try and let you know.

Thank you again.

KVS

If the that brings the result as 4400 contorller. It shows the device package is already available. Waiting for the other details.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Dear Vinod,

Step 1)

There are three IC_server logs file are there. Which one i should make empty...? if i can remove all, will it create any impact..?

IC_Server 1218KB

IC_Server 6183 KB

ICServerUI

And also i am not finding the exact path in GUI for "'RME > Admin > logging > ICServer" to enable debug.

Please guide..

'

Step 2)Attached Screen shot is for your reference.

Step 3) Attached SNMP Logs

Step 4) I could not do this due to error like below

[ Fri May 31 17:14:24 IST 2013 ] ERROR  [CcoDownloadAdapter : getXmlFileList]  : failed to connect to Cisco.com:RespCode=404, RespMsg=Not Found

[ Fri May 31 17:14:24 IST 2013 ] ERROR  [RemoteRepSync : downloadPsuHeadersAsXml]  : VDSException thrown com.cisco.nm.xms.vds.VDSException: CcoDownloadAdapter::getfileList():failed to connect to Cisco.com.

Thanks for your time.

KVS

Hi Vinod,

Any help here ...

KVS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: