Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks Lms4.2 live grpah

secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have Lms 4.2, Can anyone let me know is it possible to view the interface utilization (historical & live) in megabytes or kilobytes.? (not in %).

regards

Rajesh

2 Replies 2

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I dont see any NMS server would be able to give you data for utilization in KB/MB, as it is not a single value to be polled. It is a formula which polls a couple of values and calculate it to give a % of utilization.

Interface use is the primary measure used for network use. Use this formulas, based on whether the connection you measure is half-duplex or full-duplex. Shared LAN connections tend to be half-duplex, mainly because contention detection requires that a device listen before it transmits. WAN connections are full-duplex because the connection is point-to-point; both devices can transmit and receive at the same time because they know there is only one other device that shares the connection. Because MIB-II variables are stored as counters, you must take two poll cycles and figure the difference between the two, hence delta value.

For more details on how it is calculated see :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a008009496e.shtml

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Thanks vinod..

Could you please let me know whether Live - Graph It resolve this...

This was told by Cisco sales Team..