cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME sending internal phone numbers to external sip server

marccegustav
Level 1
Level 1

I'm playing around with a 2951 and a few phones that I have laying around in my basement. Everything works fine with the SCCP calls, but when it comes to the SIP phones, I have outgoing call issues. The system is sending the phones' extension numbers to the SIP trunk. I'm not really sure where to go with this one, because I've always been kind of weak on voice.

It has to be something stupid that I'm missing, but I'm not really sure where to go from here. Incoming calls work just fine. It is not trying to register the phones to the SIP trunk (DNs tagged no-reg). I'm just not sure how to troubleshoot from here. The error message I get with the outgoing call is triggered by invalid calling phone number being passed to the carrier.

I've always likes playing with these "kitchen sink" devices, and learning about the features that nobody really uses. I've only seen CME in the wild about it dozen times.

1 Reply 1

You must apply a translation to use the full number if the ISP expects it, and apply this translation on the outbound dial-peer. If not the extension number will be send to the ISP as calling number and its a normal behavior.

I hope this link might be useful.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/64020-number-voice-translation-profiles.html

Response Signature