Helpful
Replies

Collecting data statistics on a specific physical port, C3750

yawena2005
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Using IPM in LMS 3.2.

Have source device C3750/C3400 and target device is C3750 with a valid IOS for IP SLA.

Enabled the responder on a target.

Custom operations are sent from IPM collector.

Generally, UDP-Jitter is working without specifying physical port on a target device.

Can you monitor data statistics (UDP-Jitter) on a specific port on a target device (for example on physical port nr. 6 on C3750?) Or may be one has to specify VLAN on the target device port?

What I tested was just enabling the responder on a target device and sent collector operations (UDP-Jitter) to source device. This is fine. But I want to collect data statistic from a physical port on the target device. Thanks for your help.

Greetings

Yawena

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, this is not possible.  UDP Jitter works over IP, so you have to send responses to a specific IP address.  The UDP packets will arrive at the target through the port that is connected to the upstream route hop (which could be through another L2 switch).  I have a bug open (CSCsz66719) to be able to specify a target address (i.e. target IP address) using IPM, but it has not currently been implemented.

Thanks for the quick respons.

Do I have other options besides using other 3rd party software?

Greetings

Yawena