cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

com/cisco/nm/cmf/dbservice2/DBServer.properties missing

m.foehrenck
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,  i have installed Cisco Security Manager 4.0.1 on cisco UCS-C200 which runs VMWare ESXi  4.1.0. The guest operating System is Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise edition.  During installation the following Message occured:  CiscoWorks Setup: Cannot set CSM Database Connection Pool size  After installtion the DCR Server process fails to run.  The DCRServer.log Entry from DCRServer.log shows: CsClasspathResource: Cannot fine property file com/cisco/nm/cmf/dbservice2/DBServer.properties  I found a similar post which concerned a LMS installation: https://csc-test1.cisco.com/thread/2015735?tstart=0&viewcondensed The solution to install on another server does not help me, because i have to install in a VM on UCS server.  Why DBServer.properties is missing after installation ? Did i have to apply any patch ?  thanks for help

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can install on VMware ESXi, but you need to pay attention to a few things to ensure a good Windows installation.  Recreate your VM (for a clean Windows 2008 R2 installation).  Install LMS 4.0 using the Windows 2008 R2 patch after following the steps documented at https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9132 .

What do you mean with "install .. using Windows 2008 R2 patch". Which patch is meant and where can i get it ?

The problem occurs only when installing CSM 4.0.1, not LMS. I have already successfully installed LMS 4.0 (with properly DBServer.properties) on another VM running Windows 2008 R2 Standard edition on the same UCS. The installation was done via Windows DVD inserted in Vsphere client, so NOT locally attached. Both installations, LMS and CSM were done not following your document "tips for a succesful installationof LMS on windows".

But only CSM installation shows the problem.

Sorry, I thought this was for LMS.  I don't have much familiarity with CSM, but given that Windows 2008 R2 support was just added to LMS, it may not be supported for CSM.  You should move this thread to the Security > Network Management community where you are likely to find some more CSM experts.

I found out the answer from relase notes.

My problem was to install CMS 4.0.1 on Windows Server 2008 R2, but CSM 4.0.1 supports only Windows Server 2008 SP2.

We need CSM 4.1 which supports Windows Server 2008 R2.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: