Views
Helpful
Replies

connecting via VRF to MGMT interface on ASR 1001X

SC856
Level 1
Level 1

Beginner.............

I  have found myself supporting a network within a private MPLS network.  VRFs are configured and  I have worked out how they operate at Layer 3 ie., VLAN interface and its routing information within each VRF as necessary, including a management vlan within one VRF on the core switch.    Routing is working all good via OSPF > BGP and has been for sometime across our existing network....happy days!   I now have an unused ASR1001 - X not on the network (yet), but  has its gigabitethernet0 (mgmt-intf) only connected  to a port on the core switch.   The port on the core switch is in the right vlan for mgmt and VRF is assigned to it.

My question is : How do I configure the ASR1001-x mgmt-interface....so that it can be communicated to via the core switch.   I have ., given the mgmt interface an iP address on the ASR1001-x, in the same management vlan as the core switch, and maybe overthinking it, but the routing confuses me a little , due to the VRF back on the core switch.   Any advice appreciated! thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if the Core Switch has Right VLAN, configured ASR MGMT VRF with IP address of MGMT range, you should be able to connect to that device.

is that make sense ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if the Core Switch has Right VLAN, configured ASR MGMT VRF with IP address of MGMT range, you should be able to connect to that device.

is that make sense ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi,  sorry to take so long to reply to your advice.   It worked, Thankyou ....had to move on to other work due to Covid-19. 

Stay safe!